Restorative Practices Coordinator or Program Coordinator
Crowley Learning Center, CISDContact: CANDACE.TUCK@CROWLEY.K12.TX.US
Session:Teamwork Makes The Dream Work... When You Believe In The Why (Year 2)
Candace Tuck is the Counselor and Restorative Practice Coordinator at Crowley Learning Center (CISD DAEP). She graduated from Jarvis Christian College, with a Bachelor degree in Computer Information System and Kinesiology in 1995. She continued her education at Tarleton State University graduating with the degree of Master of Education in Counseling. She later received her Principal Certification at Lamar University.
She landed her dream job in 2014 when she became the counselor for Crowley Learning Center. She has 18 years of experience in education with the last nine years as a counselor. She was trained by the Institute for Restorative Justice and Restorative Dialogue at the University of Texas to serve as the Restorative Discipline Coordinator on her campus. At-risk youth have always been a magnet to her heart. As a teacher it was never about the subject, it was the opportunity to hear the heart of kids and give them a safe place to be heard.
• 18 years in Education (Nine years as a counselor)
• Professional Development Leader/Speaker, 2014 – present
• Restorative Discipline Coordinator, Crowley Learning Center
• Mentor Teacher – 2007 – 2008
• Toastmasters Inc. Member – 2 years
• Exposure Youth Program, Founder
• Marriage Ministry, Co-Founder
• Radio Host on FBRN