Educator Ethics with Dr. David Thompson
Available training topics, customizable to your district’s needs:
Be proactive this school year!
Provide your staff with crucial professional development to successfully navigate the complex code of Texas educator ethics.
ED311 has teamed up with respected educator, author and speaker, David Thompson, for a series on Texas educator ethics. Customize an on-site, in-district professional development day with your team.
Topics may include:
- Understanding and applying the Texas Educators’ Code of Ethics
- Social media and ‘Playing it Smart’ with your smartphone
- Implications of Senate Bill 7 for teachers and leaders
- Keeping cool in challenging situations
- Educator off-campus conduct
- Inappropriate Relationships with Students: Leading on Behalf of Kids
- Ethical Leadership: Beyond the Obvious (Ethics of instruction, expectations, and communication)
- The Career- and Life-Altering Implications of Senate Bill 7
- Considerations in Ethical Decision-making/Tackling Ethical Issues Facing 21st Century Educators
Create your custom day of training
With all of the news around the recent upsurge in TEA investigations into and sanctions for Texas educator misconduct, and the enactment of policies to combat improper teacher-student relationships, it has never been more important for educators to be knowledgeable about the complex topic of ethics.
Our profession has suffered from negative headlines brought about by educators who have destroyed trust with their lapses in ethical behavior. Dr. Thompson’s interactive workshop serves as a reminder of the high bar of ethical behavior each of us should meet. This is highly recommended learning for everyone who works with children.Dr. Robin Ryan
In my 30 years in education, I cannot recall a time where Educator Ethics training was as critical as it is today. I would place Dr. Thompson’s training and research in the top one percent of any training I have attended in the past.Lloyd Verstuyft
About the presenter:
David P. Thompson is Professor in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies at The University of Texas at San Antonio. David is in his 30th year in public education, and has authored or co-authored over 100 publications, including Professional Responsibility for Educators and the Texas Code of Ethics (2nd ed.) Dr. Thompson testified on SB7 before the 85th Session of the Texas Legislature in front of the House and Senate Education Committees and has trained many districts and administrators on various aspects of Educator Ethics.
Book Your Training Today
Get in touch to start the process of customizing an on-site, in-district professional development day for your team.
*Discounts available for multi-day trainings